Region 3 Child Care Referral Service
Looking for Quality Child Care?
Child Care Referral Services for Lenoir and Greene counties are now being served through the Region 3 Child Care Referral Service. For information on location, cost, hours, availability and star rating, parents may call (252)758-8885. Referrals are free and confidential.
Key questions every parent should ask:
- What is the child care facility’s star rating?
- How will teachers keep you informed about your child?
- Do adults and children wash their hands after using the bathroom, eating, changing diapers, etc.?
- Does the caregiver welcome parent drop-in visits and involvement?
- Is there a safe outdoor environment with a variety of equipment?
- Is there a balance of activities during the day?
- Are materials and activities appropriate for each age group?
- Is the facility clean, well maintained and free of potential hazards?
- Are there positive guidance techniques used?
- Are children supervised at all times?
- What will a typical day at child care include?
- Do the teachers engage children in conversation and ask questions to encourage creative thinking?
- You know your child best — will your child be happy there?