Safe Kids Eastern Carolina
Safe Kids Eastern Carolina is a North Carolina Safe Kids Coalition serving the counties of Lenoir, Jones and Greene. Safe Kids Eastern Carolina is housed at The Partnership for Children of Lenoir and Greene Counties. Our areas of focus primarily are poison prevention and control, child passenger safety, and bicycle safety.
Eligibility criteria for car seat distribution:
- Must bring proof of Medicaid or WIC
- Must bring $25 copay
- Child must be present
- If mother is expecting, appointment cannot be scheduled before 36 weeks
- Face covering is required
Safe Kids Car Seat Installation Protocol:
- COVID-19 questionnaire must be asked before the install begins.
- Temperatures will be checked and logged before installation.
- Parent will complete all paperwork and payment while in their vehicles and the technician will instruct the parent when to exit the vehicle when 6 feet of social distancing can be maintained.
- Mask and gloves must be worn the entire time of install by client and technician; Gloves will be provided by the PFC only after steps 1-3 are completed.
- Parent will be responsible for registering the weight and height of the child after all documents are filled out and payment is receipted.
- Parent must remain in their vehicle while the technician is demonstrating the install in the demonstration chair and until the technician is ready for the client to exit the vehicle.
- Parent will be responsible for installing the car seat in their own vehicle and technician will perform inch test and visual inspection of pinch test when child is in the car seat.
- 6 feet social distance must be maintained throughout the entire time of install.
*Staff will wash or sanitize hands before and after installation. Staff temperatures will also be checked and logged before their workday begin*
Car seat appointments are scheduled every Wednesday
Please call 252-939-1200 to schedule your appointment.
For more information on the Safe Kids organization, please visit:
http://www.ncdoi.com/OSFM/safekids – North Carolina Safe Kids site
http://www.safekids.org – Safe Kids USA
CPS Educational Videos and Demos
Keeping Children safe in Crashes: Overview
Forward Facing vs Rear Facing
Child Safety Seat Demo
Public Safety: Child Seat Diversion Program
Any resident of Lenoir, Greene, or Jones Counties who receives a ticket for their child not being buckled up or for not having a car seat may call our office to schedule an appointment. A fee of $50 is required upon arrival. Please bring photo id, ticket, child, and the appropriate car seat. If eligible for our discounted car seats, you will be required to pay the additional charge of the car seat co-payment.
Holiday Safety Tips!
To contact Safe Kids Eastern Carolina, call 252-939-1200. Listing of events will be on this site and Partnership for Children of Lenoir & Greene Counties’ social media platforms.
Follow us on Facebook @safekidseasterncarolina